What is vx?
The aim of this project is to provide an
Integrated Development Environment for TeX programming language.
Development started during December 2005 with following goals:
Use keystroke macro and calltips to simplify editing process.
Make it as small and fast as possible, using only Windows APIs.
Make it easy to use for beginners and as powerful as possible for advanced users.
"Visualize" editing process using syntax highlighting, folding.
Because of TeX programming nature it is impossible to visualize the document preview immediately.
vx is not a
WYSIWYG editor, "visualizing" corresponds only to document editing process, but not to preview.
Current versions of
is free and open source text editor.
You can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
General Public License as published by Free Software Foundation.
is based on Neil Hodgson's Scintilla editing component as source code editor (© 1998-2006 by Neil Hodgson).
The component for TeX style is written by Alex Romanenko.
The second component is MYSPELL spellchecker (© Kevin Hendricks)
- Project management
- Word Completion, folding, bookmarks, ...
- All usual editing features (find and replace, line operations, ...), search in files and windows
- Brace matching, auto indentation, rectangular block selection, ...
- Different text encoding support (win 1251, dos, koi8, unix, unicode), converting functions
- Spell check for text and tex commands
- Macro recording and editing, hard coded macro for main frequently used TeX commands and environments
- Customizable accelerators
- Customizable syntax highlighting
- Customizable compiler command line commands
- Reference completion, reference-label balance checking (by call tips), multiple label checking (call tips)
- Inverse/forward search support from Yap
- It's FREE!!!